Can you believe another year has come to an end? It’s time to reflect on the last 12 months, make plans and set goals for the upcoming year. We agree that 2018 has been the longest and yet the fastest year of our lives, if that even makes sense. We have been through the trenches this year with the unexpected death of our dad in February. For us, it’s been a year of tremendous sadness, growth, and thankfulness. Sadness and growth because we are learning our “new normal” without this man who was one of the centerpieces to our family. Thankfulness because we were reminded of the true meaning of love as our family and friends have given abundantly in our time of sadness through prayer, hugs, cards, and calls/ texts. We are so grateful!
To say we are ready to say “peace out” 2018 is an understatement, but we are ready to kick 2019 off the right way! If you haven’t thought about your resolutions yet, there’s still time and we are here to help get you started. Here are a few things to consider when setting your New Years resolutions.
- Start small. If you set achievable goals, you will be more likely to stick with it.
- Be specific on what you’re trying to achieve so that you don’t lose focus. We are both guilty of getting sidetracked and losing sight of the what we are trying to achieve.
- Set a start date. It helps to have that hard date in mind as it always mentally prepares us to commit. It doesn’t matter if it’s January 1st or February 1st, just pick a date that works for you and GO FOR IT! You’re less likely to push it off to next week.
- Write your resolutions down. If you have your resolution or goal in front of you, you are more likely to follow through.
- Have fun! If you keep it lighthearted and have fun along the way, you are more likely to stick with it!
Now that you have a few tips to help you get those 2019 resolutions set, let’s bring in the new year and be as productive as we can. Thank you for coming around this year as we have embarked on this blogging journey. It’s been a wonderful experience and we can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store for us!